Dilla Days: February 10th



Continuing on with the month-long "Dilla Days" series, and in remembrance of the four year anniversary of J Dilla's untimely passing, here are two more joints for you to reminisce over. Starting off is the cut "Keep It Moving" which Dilla produced as part of The Ummah production crew for A Tribe Called Quest's 1996 release of Beats, Rhymes, & Life. "Keep It Moving" has always been a favorite of mine as it seems to evoke this incredible feeling in my soul and is very inspirational. Secondly is a joint Elzhi recorded sometime between 1997 - 2004 for his Witness My Growth mixtape back in 2006. "Love It Here" features Elzhi's incredible wordplay over an instrumental I've heard a hundred times from Dilla, but for the life of me can't seem to remember which album it was on. I hope you all enjoy these as much as I do.

Rest in Peace Dilla, I never personally knew you but I sincerely miss you and wish you were still here.

Download: A Tribe Called Quest - "Keep It Moving" (Prod. by J Dilla)
Download: Elzhi - "Love It Here" (Prod. by J Dilla)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels


Traffic

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Our Blog Templates