The Rest Of Dilla Vol. 1 (Mixed by DJ Rasta Root)



I've decided to hold off my Dilla Days post for today, but in memory of J Dilla's birth date it was necessary for me to post something. I figured most of y'all would want more than two songs to celebrate, so I found this new mix from DJ Rasta Root which features thirty of Dilla's older productions for artists ranging from Slum Village to De La Soul.

DJ Rasta Root says that this mix was a long time in the making. "I didn't want to do a Dilla mix just because he had passed away. I always seem to include a Slum [Village] or Dilla produced track in my DJ sets, so I felt like it was time to put all my favorite tracks on one disc that I would listen to. It just so happens that I am able to share that with the world." Roots also speaks about what can be expected on the mix, "I feel like my strength is mixing and blending, so that what you will get....one seamless blend from start to finish.....no gimmicks, no talking....just DILLA".

Listen/Download

1 comments:

808Shirts February 8, 2010 at 5:52 AM  

i can ride to this! Cleaning up the house playing this pod. Very Nice.

Post a Comment

Labels


Traffic

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Our Blog Templates